Benefits of dermaplaning:
- Increases absorption of topical products
- Immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Primes skin for chemical peel
- Creates a healthier, more radiant appearance
- Makeup goes on more smoothly
Performed by using a disposable sterile surgical blade, Dermaplaning abrades the outermost layers of dead skin cells using light feathering strokes, with the pressure controlled by our hands, to smooth away the surface layer of the skin. This procedure is highly customizable and can be performed on a small area or on the entire face excluding the nose.
Most importantly, the removal of the vellus hair will not grow back thicker or darker. Dermaplaning even keeps your face healthier and cleaner. Hairless skin is actually the cleanest as the vellus hairs trap dirt and oils, leaving your skin looking dull.
Dermaplaning can be repeated every 3-4 weeks, there is little to no downtime and results are seen immediately!